Friday, January 14, 2011

Big Sister Pride

When I picked Molly up from school yesterday, her teacher told me how proud she was of "her baby Ella". She said Molly talks nonstop all day about her baby sister. Then, when one of her little classmates came up to me and asked me where Molly's baby was, I felt such an overwhelming feeling of love.



Sure, she has her moments of acting out since Ella has come home. She is pushing her boundaries to see what she can get away with now that there is another little one here to distract us. She also demands our attention in ways she never has before. I am sure it's all perfectly natural, as she is only 3 years old (almost) and has a lot to adjust to with this new baby in the house.

Most days, though, she is perfectly sweet and attentive to the baby. She wants to hold her, kiss her, feed her, rock her, and help with everything. She tells her it's okay when she is crying and asks her what's wrong. She sweetly pats her on her little head and gently kisses her little cheeks and tells her that she loves her.



And just as proud as Molly is of Ella, I am that proud of Molly.

No comments:

Post a Comment