Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Less than 24 Hours!

In less than 24 hours, we will be packing the car and headed to the hospital to start inducing labor. I cannot believe that we are so close to meeting our baby girl, and so close to a new and exciting chapter in our lives.

IMG_8304

Tonight, I have so many emotions from anxiousness to excitement, and even a little sadness as I embrace the idea that our days as a family of three are very quickly coming to an end. For almost three years, our lives have been all about Molly. She has been such an amazing child and has brought us so many new experiences and so much happiness. While we are beyond thrilled to be having a new addition, it absolutely pulls at my heartstrings to think of how her world is about to change.

The thing is, I have never been a big sister. She is about to experience new territory that I myself have never had the chance to experience. She is about to embark on a journey that I cannot set an example for from my own experience. Luckily, I have two amazing big sisters who can show her the ropes. And I know Ella will be blessed beyond measure, just as I was, to have a big sister who will love her and take care of her and truly become a friend like no other. I am so excited for them to have that bond of sisterhood, and I cannot wait to watch it unfold as their mother.

1 comment: