Thursday, August 11, 2011

You May Not Know It Now

I don't really remember the first time I heard Trace Adkin's song "You're Gonna Miss This", but I am sure I cried. And every time I hear it now, I still tear up and think about my girls.

Tonight, as I rocked Ella to sleep, I took a look around a living room floor that closely resembles a toystore, and those lyrics popped right into my head. It's true that there are days when I spend too much time focused on the things that need to be done and forget to live in the moment.

You're gonna miss this...
You're gonna want this back... You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast...
You're gonna miss this... So take a good look around...


You may not know it now, but you're gonna miss this.

It's funny, because although we all do know it's true, it's easy to forget that at some point in the not-so-distant future, we will indeed miss moments (and even messes!) like these.






2 comments:

  1. awww that's so sweet. And thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post, and that pic of your two little ones in your blog header is to die for!

    ReplyDelete