Monday, December 6, 2010

Big Girl Bed!

Sigh...is there any sight more peaceful and endearing than a beautiful, sleeping baby? I can't believe that only two short years ago, I snapped this picture of Molly as she napped in her crib.

DSC05803

I guess as I prepare for the birth of a new baby, nostalgia is taking its toll. I cannot stop looking at the pictures of Molly the day she was born, pictures of Molly in her first months of life, pictures of Molly that tell the story of a baby girl who has grown in so many ways, yet still lets me rock her, hold her, soothe her, the way any baby depends on its mother to do.

Recently, we converted Molly's bed all the way to a full size bed. It has been an easy transition for her and she sleeps peacefully every night. She is quite excited to have such a big bed and loves that mommy and/or daddy can lay down next to her for a few moments of cuddle time and bedtime stories before the lights go out for the night.

As I left her in bed tonight, I grabbed my camera and snapped a few pictures.

IMG_8002

IMG_8004

IMG_8003

The sight of my baby girl in that big bed just made me smile. She still has plenty of room (and time) to grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment