Friday, February 18, 2011

Six Weeks Old

Time continues to move quickly. In just one more week, I will be returning to work and my days of snuggling and loving on Ella all day long will be a distant memory. Lucky for me, I have the summer to look forward to, but it is so sad to think that I will have to leave her in such a short amount of time.

We have been enjoying our days together and I have been so blessed with a baby as content and peaceful as she is. She is becoming so alert and so observant of the things around her, and seems to be spending a lot of her awake time just taking in this big world she is now a part of.

I think one of the most amazing moments you can experience as a parent is when your baby finally starts to smile at you. It's like the light turned on and they are finally aware of your existance in their world. Staring into her eyes and watching her lips turn upward and her eyes light up in recognition of her mama has to be one of the most wonderful feelings I have ever had the joy of experiencing.



We also finally finished putting the last touches on Ella's bedroom and I got a chance to take some pictures this week to share. We were waiting on her final piece of furniture, which came in before she was born, and also a custom seat cushion a dear friend of mine made for her window seat. She was able to make it out of one of Ella's crib sheets and she made the pillows out of one of her coordinating receiving blankets, so it all ties the room together beautifully.




No comments:

Post a Comment